AT THE TIME OF INDUCTION ON MAY 8, 2004 -- Class of 2004...
Doug has been one of the top bowlers in Kokomo for many years. His smooth and reliable left-handed delivery has allowed him to capture multiple city tournament titles, three perfect games (11/11/96, 11/12/99, and 04/01/01), and many 700 series.
He also served the Kokomo bowlers by serving on the Kokomo Bowling Association board for six years in the 1990's. He coached Saturday morning youth league one year and the Learn to Bowl program held at each center in the early 1990's. He has also served as a league president for one year. Doug is a great person to be around, on or off the lanes, and he is willing to help other bowlers when they ask for help.
BOWLING PARTICIPATION AND ACHIEVEMENTS:
City Tournament titles
- 1989 - All-events actual (2041) and handicap (2050)
- 1990 - Team actual (3142) and handicap
- 1992 - Team actual (3305)
- 1997 - Team actual (3157)
- 1997 - Doubles actual (1321) with Trent Marner
- 2000 - Team actual (3450) and handicap
- 2004 KBA Masters Tournament Champion
Other City Tournament notables
- Second in Singles twice and all-events once with another score over 2000
- One of only a few bowlers to average 220 in Kokomo
- Has had 20 league seasons with averages of 200 or higher (Every year but one going back to the 1989-90 season)
- High average for Cedar Crest Lanes in 1996-97 (209) and 1998-99 (215)
- 2nd in average for the traveling Super Classic League in its inaugural season with 204.1
- Has shot over 50 series of 700 or higher including scores of 792, 781, 774, 774, 769, 753, 751, 751
- Three sanctioned 300 games, one 299, 297, and 288 game, and many games in the 270's
Member of the 84 Lumber team that captured 1st place in the traveling Super Classic League
Anchor of the Cedar Crest Lanes team that set the City Tournament team record with 3450. (Only a stubborn solid 10 pin kept Doug and the rest of the team from the overall city game record of 3457.)
Regular participant in the State Tournament, cashing regularly
Doug participates in the local Adult/Youth Scholarship Tournament to be supportive of the Kokomo youth bowlers.
Participant in Bluffton, All-Star Trios, Nappanee, Elwood, Hoinke, and Selina, Ohio, tournaments
Two Indiana Amateur Bowlers Tour titles
Game - 300 (3)
Series - 792
Average - 220