AT THE TIME OF INDUCTION ON MAY 16, 2009 -- Class of 2009...
Game - 300 -- 7
Series - 834
Average - 220
Ron Harding was inducted into the City of Firsts USBC Association Hall of Fame for Outstanding Bowling Performance. Ron is a powerful right-handed bowler that can really open up the lanes. Usually playing a deep inside line, he has racked up some great tournament games and series. Ron is a quiet individual who lets his bowling do the talking.
His career high games of perfection have not only been rolled on the local turf, but on out-of-town lanes as well. Ron has seven 300 games, four locally and three in out-of-town tournament participation—at the 2005 Hoinke, 2001 Louisville Derby, and the 1993 State Tournament in Fort Wayne. He also scored a 299 in the City Tournament 1993 and has other high games of 297, 2-290’s.
He scored his high series of 834 at the Eagles National to top his 803 of December 14, 1997. Ron has bowled at least 70 series of 700 including 778, 777 (2), 773, 771, 770, 768 and 751. He scored a 716 series, 712 series, and a 300 at the Hoinke Tournament in Ohio.
Ron has a career high year-end average of 220 in 2007-08 to pass his previous high 214 book average recorded in the 1999-2000 season, and he has averaged over 200 in 13 of the last 15 seasons.
MAJOR BOWLING ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- Ron’s most recent tournament title came this season with fellow Hall of Fame Inductee Robert Burge with a 1466 to capture the Doubles Classic Scratch Category in the 2008-09 City of Firsts USBC Open Championship Tournament.
- 1993 All Events Champion with Handicap (1967)
- 1999 Doubles Actual (1368) and Handicap (1454) with Ted Wooley
- 2000 Doubles Handicap (1528) with Ted Wooley
- 2000 Team Actual and Handicap with the Cedar Crest Lanes team that broke the city record with 3450, 778 for Ron
- 2001 Team Actual (3405) and Handicap with Lost Survivors, 625 for Ron
- 2002 Doubles Actual (1436) and Handicap (1484) with Ted Wooley
- 2005 Division 2 Team Actual (3203) and Handicap (3724) with the Mervis team.
Ron has other top tournament performances that include:
- Won IHTBA Tournament on 1/10/88 at Cedar Crest and won CIBA Tournament on 3/27/88 in Frankfort
- 75th place Team at 1998 ABC Tournament in Reno (Ron had 658)
- 112th place All Events at 1998 ABC in Reno with score of 1989
- 1817 All Events at 1999 ABC
- 1st in the 2001 All Star Trios in Indianapolis with 2152 (736 for Ron)
- Shot 300 and 784 for 1402 in Doubles at the Derby
- 1st at the 2001 Muncie Holiday Doubles with 1439 (706 for Ron)
- Shot 2111 All Events at the 2002 State Tournament for 21st place (720 Team and 748 in Doubles), 1390 Doubles was 26th)
- Shot 2011 All Events at the 2003 State for 19th place and 1302 Doubles
- Shot 1336 at the 2004 State in Doubles for 15th place
- Ron has six 150 Over Series Awards and six 11-In-A-Row Awards.