INDUCTED POSTHUMOUSLY ON MAY 11, 2002 -- Class of 2002...
Larry 'Rut' Retherford was another of those quiet bowlers who let their bowling do the talking. Larry loved to compete and participated in many tournaments. Larry rolled his first 600, a 630, in February 1969 when his average was only 155. He continually worked to improve his game and became a 200 average bowler.
Game - 300
Series - 763
Average - About 200
PARTICIPATION and ACHIEVEMENTS
- Larry was most improved bowler for three seasons from 1969-1972
- Larry has bowled 8-10 700 series
- Larry has captured the following city tournament titles.
- Singles handicap (697)
- Team actual
- Larry's 300 was the first at Don Lowry Lanes. His 763 series was only eight pins off the then record of 771 set by Kokomo bowling great Don Johnson.
- Larry shot 241 for Honda of Kokomo when they set a team game record of 1181 in April, 1979. The team total of 3220 actual and 3289 handicap were also Cedar Crest house records.
- Larry contributed a 682 series for Fletcher's Steak House when they set a team series record of 3318 in March, 1980.
- Larry was a member of teams that won their league championship 15 times